Friday, December 9, 2016

Physical Therapy

I've always been a runner. I've run a couple times a week for the past 30 or so years. However, over the past year I've been experiencing some discomfort. First, it was in my back. I would still run and could make it through my run but my back would hurt continuously throughout the week.

In addition to my back, my knee started to eventually hurt. This injury was more detrimental to my running. While I still run every once in a while, I've had to switch to walking more.

I finally decided one day to go to a doctor and he told me to start going to physical therapy in Temple City CA.  While I thought that my knee was the big issue, I was surprised to hear what my physical therapist said. She thought that the pain in my knee was being caused by my back. I'm not sure exactly what she meant but I trust her. It's funny how much we focus on my back during therapy when I thought I would be doing knee exercises. Regardless, they've been pretty helpful and I've been able to run more with less pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment