Friday, December 6, 2013

Cross-Country

I thought that getting a new job was going to be one of the most exciting times in my life. I’m still young, learning and its very early in my career. I was moving from San Francisco to Washington DC and as I looked around my small cramped living space that I called my West Coast home, I didn’t have that much stuff.  My bed is a full, my dresser is extremely light and from a thrift store, I figured I’d just pack up my car and see the country on my way to my new job. It made it even more exciting to begin packing. I got to D.C. without any problems along the way which is seemingly unheard of, and then I realized… I live in a five floor walk up, I’m in a new city, I don’t know anyone, and I have big pieces of furniture to move. I had my brothers help me in California, how was I going to do this alone? I pushed the mattress thinking that would work but it budged only about an inch. Twenty minutes into being drenched in the DC summer morning sun, I looked into a moving company in Montgomery County MD. Do not try and move by yourself, I’m sure it could be done, but I’ve never heard a success story!

No comments:

Post a Comment