Thursday, September 8, 2016

Moving Pains

Earlier this year, my son started college. As excited as I was, I didn't realize how big of a process moving him into his dorm would be. With everybody moving into his dorm on the same day, the lines for the elevators were ridiculously long so we ended carrying heavy items up four flights of stars multiple times. 

For the next few weeks, I had a lot of pain in my back. I figured it would go away on its own if I rested and iced it routinely. However, after the pain didn't diminish after about a month, I went in to see my local Severn MD chiropractor. Thankfully, they were able to diagnose my issue and put me on a physical therapy routine. It was a long process but finally I'm no longer in pain. 

It feels like just yesterday that I was starting college myself. Unfortunately, this back injury reminded me that maybe I'm not as young as like to think I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment