Monday, January 23, 2017

Rekey or Replace?

I recently started renting out an additional property and my second tenant just moved in. I didn't want the old tenant to be able to have access to the house, so I knew I wanted to change the locks - who knew if the first tenant made copies of the key that they didn't give back to me? But while doing some research, I found that rekeying is also an option! Check out what this professional locksmith in Estero FL had to tell me about rekeying...

Rekeying is the process of replacing the pins and springs within the lock cylinder with new ones that work with a completely different key. Unless your lock is actually completely busted, rekeying can be an easier, fast solution to get a similar result!

I'll be keeping this in mind as I move forward in my new role as a landlord!

No comments:

Post a Comment