Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Basketball Injury

I recently signed up for a rec basketball team with a few of my friends from college. I hadn't played in a while but I figured it'd be a good way to get exercise and see my friends every week.

Unfortunately, my season didn't last very long. During our first game, I went up for a layup and landed kind of awkwardly after colliding with someone. I sat out the rest of the game because of pain in my back. I figured if I rested for a few days then the pain would go away and I would be fine to play again. However, after the pain persisted for a about a week, I decided to go see my local Severn MD chiropractor.

Thankfully, my chiropractor was able to quickly diagnose that one of my vertebrae was twisted and recommended a physical therapist who was able to work it back in place over time. I'm normally someone who waits a while before seeing a doctor, but I'm glad that I went in early this time. Overall, everyone I worked with was great and despite the pain in my back, the entire process was great.

No comments:

Post a Comment