Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Locked out of the House

For pretty much my entire life I've never had a house key. We also left our front door locked if no one was home and entered through the garage. It has never been a problem up until just this past weekend.

It was a normal day and the weather was fine. When I got home though I wasn't able to get my garage open. After multiple failed attempts at entering the code I gave up and checked to see if my front or back door was for some reason unlocked. But just as I expected, they were locked and I found myself locked outside my house for the first time ever.

We ended up discovering that we had lost power due to some construction work and that's why the garage wouldn't open. We had to call a locksmith in Estero FL and have him essentially break into our house. Even though it was a rare occurrence and it will likely never happen again, I've learned my lesson and now carry a key on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment